Proposed new Unix POSIX_OPEN/POSIX_UNLINK calls.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Mar 1 20:45:19 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 04:26:03PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Here's the (initially coded) spec for the POSIX open and
> unlink calls.

> For unlink, call TRANSACT2_SETPATHINFO (0x06) call
> info level :
>
> SMB_POSIX_PATH_UNLINK          0x20A
>
> No extra data is needed or returned.

I think I need to change the spec for unlink before
3.0.25 ships.

Clients need to be able to determine if they're
doing unlink() or rmdir().

Given that, I think we need to add 2 bytes of
data to the SMB_POSIX_PATH_UNLINK call, defined
as follows :

2 bytes : 0 - delete file, 1 - delete directory.

No data is returned other than an NTSTATUS code.

Any opposing thoughts before I change this ?

Jeremy.