eventlogadm manpage formatting problem

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Thu Mar 1 13:13:15 GMT 2007

Hi James,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 07:01:17PM -0800, James Peach wrote:
> Could you please take a look at docbook for the eventlogadm manpage?
> I can't seem to get the synopsis to come out right ... the arguments
The problem appears to be that there is a \a0 character between the
arguments rather than a space character. This means that people not
using Latin1 (I guess you're using UTF8?) will not be able to view the
space in between those arguments.

According to groff_char(7), \a0 means "the ISO Latin-1 no-break
space", so it's the equivalent to (for example)   in HTML.

Cheers,

Jelmer