ndrdump portability requirements

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Mar 1 00:44:51 GMT 2007

Jelmer Vernooij schrieb:
> Hi metze,
>
> thanks for commenting
>
> Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> Jelmer Vernooij schrieb:
>>> At the moment, ndrdump links against all available NDR interfaces.
>>> I'd like to modify ndrdump to instead use dlopen() and dlsym() to get to
>>> the required functions. This has the following advantages:
>>>  * Much easier to port ndrdump to Samba 3 (my main reason for proposing
>>> this)
>>>  * Significantly smaller ndrdump binary
>>>  * Quicker to recompile (less objects to link in)
>>> Since the use case for ndrdump is working on the correct IDL, and all of
>>> the developers have sane systems that support dlopen(), I think that
>>> should be ok.
>>> Any objections?
>> Only if this still works, when I use automatic make dependencies:
>
>> vi librpc/idl/foo.idl
>> make bin/ndrdump && bin/ndrdump foo decode_foo in /tmp/foo.dat
>
> Would this also be acceptable:
> $ vi librpc/idl/foo.idl
> $ make bin/libndr_foo.so && bin/ndrdump bin/libndr_foo.so decode_foo in
> /tmp/foo.dat

if "bin/ndrdump bin/shared/libdcerpc_samr.so.0.0.1 samr"
prints this:

You must specify a function
known functions on 'samr' are:
        0x00 ( 0) samr_Connect
        0x01 ( 1) samr_Close
        0x02 ( 2) samr_SetSecurity
        0x03 ( 3) samr_QuerySecurity
        0x04 ( 4) samr_Shutdown
        0x05 ( 5) samr_LookupDomain
        0x06 ( 6) samr_EnumDomains
        0x07 ( 7) samr_OpenDomain
        0x08 ( 8) samr_QueryDomainInfo
        0x09 ( 9) samr_SetDomainInfo
        0x0a (10) samr_CreateDomainGroup
        0x0b (11) samr_EnumDomainGroups
        0x0c (12) samr_CreateUser
        0x0d (13) samr_EnumDomainUsers
        0x0e (14) samr_CreateDomAlias
        0x0f (15) samr_EnumDomainAliases

then I think I can live with it.

but the current output of "bin/ndrdump" is also very nice!

metze