git question

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Sat Jun 30 21:46:34 GMT 2007

On 30/06/2007, at 2:31 PM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Playing with git: What would be the best way to have two
> trees checked out and compiled at the same time? For 'make
> test' I need samba3 and samba4, sometimes I have
> modifications to samba4.
>
> Right now I have two local repos. Is there a better way?

I don't think so, since each repository can only be on one branch at
a time. The way to do this would be to create 2 local repos that
track the upstream and designate one as being primarily samba3 and
one as being primarily samba4. Since they all share the same history,
I think you should be able to merge back and forth between them all
without any trouble.

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org