Determining a user's remote port in a VFS module

Constantine Vetoshev gepardcv at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 20:53:11 GMT 2007

Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry <at> samba.org> writes:

> I think the poster was looking for an API call from
> Samba VFS layer.  But I unclear as to whether the Q was
> about the port to which the client connected or the
> src port used by the client.

I meant the latter. connection_struct in smb.h has a client_address field, but no corresponding client_port. I looked in util_sock.c, and I see that remote port information isn't being retrieved or set. client_socket_port() seems to return the local port on the Samba server (typically 445). I'm not terribly fluent in socket programming issues---is the remote port even readily available with POSIX APIs? What about low-level kernel calls?

Thanks,
CV