Short HOWTO on using git for Samba development

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Tue Jun 26 07:40:34 GMT 2007

Chetan S пишет:
> Here are few points I've seen using git -
>
> git-core is really low level. It is not advised for most newbies to
> use git as is. Instead advisable to try cogito which is "version
> control system layered on top of the git tree history
> storage system"
During last year there was serious progress on what features git-core
would support. It led to situation when cogito maintainer officially
announced that no new features will be added into it. So currently
git-core "lacks" only two or four features from cogito and cogito itself
will not be developed anymore. "Lacks" means it can be done with few
git-core commands, not one as with cogito.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/