Regards to winbindd memory usage/leak

senthil kumar lihtnes78 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 07:32:48 GMT 2007

We are running samba-3.0.23c on linux 2.6.7.

I ran into a problem where winbindd is consuming lot of memory.
We have a big directory  under which there are around 80,000
children. Our configuration has map acl inherit and inherit ACLs enabled.
When we set a group ACE (group contains around 150
users) to the parent folder - the whole process is taking lot
of time which is understandable, but the Vm resident memory
of winbindd is growing to as much as 2.5 Gbytes with in half
hour to one hour and there does not seem to be any stopping.

-  Has any one run into a similar situation?
-  Are there any possible suspects pieces or part of
   the code which I need to be looking in detail?

Thanks for your help,
Senthil