Progress towards TP6?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Jun 25 21:03:00 GMT 2007

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 08:32:33PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I'm very happy with the progress I've made over the past few days, with
> MMC write support nicely capping off the work by metze and others on
> schema.

> The features I would like to see in Samba4 TP6 are:
>  - registry rewrite (or ACLs on the existing registry)
I'm going to push what I have so far back into Subversion, finish the
last few bits of it there and then merge it into the main branch.

Browsing was also on my plate, but I'm not sure when I'll get to that. Before,
I'd like to merge a couple of other things I have partially (but not
entirely) finished:

 * 4.0-codepage: Move codepage data inside library (may need some discussion)
 * 4.0-dso: More shared library improvements, allowing Samba 4 to work
   with a system-provided ldb.
 * 4.0-elimref: Removes pointer_type_top(unique) where it is still
   remaining
 * 4.0-namedpipe: Adds a separate named pipe API for Samba 4
 * 4.0-nestedpidl: pidl support for nested structs/unions
 * 4.0-portstring: Converts all port ints to service names
 * 4.0-regwrite, of course
 * 4.0-python: Embeds python, rewrite of provisioning in Python
 * 4.0-reduceparam: Remove some unused parameters
 * 4.0-socket-refactor: Simplifies the socket code a bit, initial
       work on support for netbios named pipes as part of the socket
	   subsystem
 * 4.0-spoolss: Spoolss tests

Cheers,

Jelmer