Samba TP6?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 21 23:45:09 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 08:19 -0500, Matt Schwartz wrote:
> While I like the idea of having another tech preview released, I would
> rather see energies placed on releasing an alpha.  Preparation for the
> TP would divert energy and resources from continued development.  I
> believe that at this point, the community would be best served when
> Samba4 reaches alpha.  More testing can be done.  Great job, all!

For reference: the energies and resources is mostly a week of my time,
based on past experience.  2/3 of that seems to go into fixing SWAT
(which always seems to get broken, does anybody run it?) and anything
the build farm shows up, and the rest into preparing a from-scratch
build and test on an end-user platform (ie, not my devel box).

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.