getting rid of mkproto.sh from Samba3

Henrik Nordstrom henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Jun 6 09:01:37 GMT 2007

ons 2007-06-06 klockan 13:19 +1000 skrev tridge at samba.org:

> Another tool could check that every function that has a prototype
> includes the header that declares the prototype.

gcc -Wmissing-prototypes

a gcc option every programmer should use.

The list of GCC warnings I currently use in most projects.

	-Wall
	-Werror
	-Wcomment
	-Wpointer-arith
	-Wcast-align
	-Wwrite-strings
	-Wstrict-prototypes
	-Wmissing-prototypes
	-Wmissing-declarations
	-Wshadow
	-Wdeclaration-after-statement
	-Waggregate

with an aim of also being able to use -Wextra and -Wcast-qual

Sure, it will only be useful on systems having reasonably clean system
headers, but helps quite a bit in finding stupid errors immediately.

Regards
Henrik