idle_timeout processing in the parent smbd?

Mon Jun 4 12:01:20 GMT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:50:43AM -0700, James Peach wrote:
> Not sure about this. I think this depends on how you define idleness,
> see below.

Recently I also had a quick chat with Tridge about adding
real idle events. For example disconnecting an idle LDAP
connection is nothing you want to spend time on if you're
really busy doing other things. Right now this is a normal
timed event that is run when it's time has come. I'm not
sure about the API that this would need, but if we added
that to lib/events.c we would have a good way to determine
if we have real work in the queue.

What to others think about an idle event API that says
"please run me every minute if you can, but every ten
minutes at least" or something like this?

Volker