share mode locks on directories

Tim Prouty tim.prouty at isilon.com
Tue Jul 31 20:51:19 GMT 2007

Hi Jeremy,

I was talking to Volker earlier today about share mode locks on
directories, and he said that you may be able to answer some of my
questions, since you wrote the most of this code.  Do you have any
examples of where it is important to take share mode lock on a
directory?  I'm looking at all of the callers of open_directory(),
and so far the close_file() is called on the dir's fsp before the
calling function returns.  Is it purely for delete on close semantics?

Thanks!

-Tim

Tim Prouty | Software Development Engineer
Isilon Systems    P +1-206-315-7500     F  +1-206-315-7485
www.isilon.com    D +1-206-315-7494    M +1-206-963-5747