3.0.25b - file corruption while copying or editing files off shares.

Bogdan Iamandei bogdan at its.uq.edu.au
Thu Jul 19 02:18:25 GMT 2007

Hi everyone,

We're heavily hit by this bug whereby users get randomly disconnected
from their shares, as well as getting their files truncated. All
we can see in the logs is:

read_data: read failure for 4 bytes to client <xx.xx.xx.xx>. Error
connection reset by peer.

After 4 days of pulling my hair out and basically getting rogered by
HR (they're the most affected), and debugging the network traffic, I
stumbled upon this series of messages in samba-general

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2007-July/133789.html

Now, is there going to be a release of 3.0.25c any time soon? Do I
have to revert the entire thing our last known good version which
was 3.0.21c?

							Cheers,
								Ino!~

--
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe.  Attack ships on fire
off the shoulder of Orion.  I watched C-beams glitter in the dark