NT4 domain, NETLOGON failure detection

boyang yyyeer.bo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:59:04 GMT 2007

catch netlogon failure upon user login or session setup(when access
samba shares):
1. in pam_winbind.c, when return err code is related to netlogon,
resend request expecting to find one fully functional domain controller,
which is used for netlogon failure detection when user login.
2. in wb_common.c, retry several times expecting to find one fully
operational domain controller, which is used for netlogon failure
detection when user access samba shares
3. in winbindd_pam.c, detect netlogon failure when try to connect to
netlogon pipe, and force winbind to find another fully operational
domain controller
4. In case of winbindd is not available, ntdomain authentication method
is used, thus add netlogon failure detection in auth_ntdomain.c too.

Did I miss something? Please notify me and I will dig into it.

patch for samba-3.0.24(suse release) in attachment. I will port it into
upstream version.