[SAMBA4] shorten leak report?

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Jul 4 02:50:31 GMT 2007

Andrew,

 > With this patch, we no longer output the children of the event context
 > as leaks (and likewise to the shared schema).

I haven't found the leak report on exit all that useful, so I think
you're probably right.

When looking for memory leaks I tend to add in custom code that dumps
a talloc tree at a particular point in the code (usually to a file in
/tmp) then examining that manually.

I think it's a very difficult problem to handle completely
automatically. Probably the most successful automated leak detection
is the one we have for ldb, but even that has lots of false positives.

Cheers, Tridge