Preserving NTFS permissions.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Jul 2 20:29:28 GMT 2007

You guys should know by now that I like to grok something in a deep and
meaningful way before I approach it with a pointed stick.  :)

Okay.  I'll see if we can put together something that just stores and
retrieves the ACEs as a first step.

The thing that still confuses me is that the default VFS behavior seems to
take the settings from Windows systems and map them to the Posix bits, which
in turn impacts the VFAT bitmap interpretation.  There's something weird
going on there.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org