Preserving NTFS permissions.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Jul 2 19:56:04 GMT 2007

Simo, Jeremy,

There is some interest in going forward with work on a VFS module that would
store and retrieve NTFS DACLs using EAs.  The overall goal is to enforce
those DACLs... but one step at a time.
:)

For my own part, I am interested in a clearer understanding of the
interactions between the VFAT bits, the POSIX bits, the current behavior of
the default VFS module, and what needs to be done to make NTFS ACLs work
properly.  I know Jeremy has put a lot of effort into understanding how the
DACLs work in particular (I remember a presentation... what... six years ago?).

Your input on next steps would be appreciated.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org