Samba4 MMC Write Support

Matt Schwartz mes5048 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 1 22:15:33 GMT 2007

Hello,  I successfully got MMC write support working with Samba4.
However, when I try to create a new user I get a Global Catalog error.
This is probably because this feature hasn't been implemented.  Am I
correct?  Also, I understand that gpedit.msc works now.  However, I have
no luck being able to use it.  I get a permissions error.  Here is my
smb.conf with the share definitions.  Please help me so that I can
continue to test.  Thanks.

[NETLOGON]
path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
read only = no

[SYSVOL]
path = /usr/local/samba/private
read only = no

When I try to launch the editor, I get the following message: "Failed to
Open the Group Policy Object.  You may not have the apropriate rights.
Details: The System cannot find the specified path."  I also notice that
when launching the editor from AD Users and Groups only the edit and
properties buttons are available to me.

Thanks much,
Matt