[SAMBA_3_0] net ads join failing

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 29 21:00:16 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 14:01 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> # bin/net ads join -U Administrator
> Administrator's password:
> Failed to set password for machine account (NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD)
> Failed to join domain: Wrong Password
>
> It's actually the SetUserInfo(24) call that's failing.

It means we got the session key wrong, and decrypting the password set
failed.  As you are getting this far (and not failing smb signing), it
might be something about how the session key is padded/not padded for
the RC4 encryption of the password buffer.

Did you back out my kerberos enc types patch yet?