autoconf question

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Fri Jan 26 02:16:43 GMT 2007

I found the bug 1261 which talked about the problem. There were
2 solutions 1. reorder the search and 2. remove libbiconv. It
looks like you decided on solution 2. Our FreeBSD system use biconv
and I have no problem with the current configure tests

checking can we convert from CP850 to UCS2-LE?... CP850
checking can we convert from ASCII to UCS2-LE?... ASCII
checking can we convert from UTF-8 to UCS2-LE?... UTF-8

Do you remember anything that isn't in the bug that would
explain why you removed support instead of just reordering?