svn commit: samba r20928 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib/events: .

Sun Jan 21 18:39:21 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 07:12:35PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Or am I over-paranoid?

Next over-paranoid question: From reading several sources I
only find that sig_atomic_t is atomic wrt a direct
assignment. Not finding that it is atomic wrt
increment/decrement would render it dangerous for signalling
a global state if signals are delivered or not.

The only reliable trick I found is to use the hack-pipe as
the signalling mechanism itself. I think
http://www.xs4all.nl/~evbergen/unix-signals.html describes a
safe mechanism. The high-level signal handler would become a
fd handler on the reading end of the pipe.

Volker