svn commit: samba r20930 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: lib/events lib/replace/system torture/local

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sun Jan 21 10:40:25 GMT 2007

 > Thanks for the quick support, looking at it now :-)

note in particular the automatic signal blocking when we fill the
siginfo_t array. That should mean we can handle an arbitrary number of
SA_SIGINFO signals without problems.

When you convert existing code to use these functions, also remember
that the handlers will now only be called from within the event
loop. Your handler is never called directly from the signal. This
means a lot of the horrible code that tries to prevent races in places
like oplock_linux.c should be able to go away. It also means its safe
to use arbitrary functions in signal handlers (normally you need to
avoid lots of functions, such as printf, malloc etc).

Cheers, Tridge