Samba 3.0 - Bug preventing mkfifo as non-root

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 19:39:22 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 11:26 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> No, it was a much earlier change than that. I know
> you can create a fifo using cifsfs on an smbd share
> (although I'll retest myself over the weekend). What
> version of the cifsfs client are you using ?

Okay, if it was an earlier change, it should work in FC6, but it fails
there. By cifsfs client, I am guessing you mean the version of the cifs
kernel module. At the moment in my FC6 test system, that is version
1.45. On a RHEL4U4 system, it is version 1.34.

I'll try and up the debug levels everywhere and capture as much as
possible. A quick strace of the mkfifo command gives a EACCES error
though.

Thanks!

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>