design for storing trusted domain passwords in ldap

Thu Jan 18 10:05:48 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 10:25:41AM +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> That is exactly the point I also discussed with Volker. Of course
> it is not necessary, and it is also redundant (storing the
> trustPw beneath the domain). I also questioned the necessity, but
> Volker voted for storing our domain name additionally for optimization
> and convenience reasons (indexing etc). So who has got the decicive
> vote here? ;-)

It's just that I've come across bug reports where people
have more than one samba domain inside the LDAP tree.
Without both domain names correct functioning would depend
on a correctly set ldap suffix per domain.

Nothing I would stop the feature for, but I think it might
add a bit reliability.

Volker