Native Linux AIO in Samba4

Fri Jan 12 21:13:55 GMT 2007

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 07:56:58AM +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> How about merging lib/events into Samba3? There is a cut-down version
> there now, but if the full lib was merged and it was used instead of
> select in the top level event loop in smbd that would gain us the
> following:

I've looked at it today, because I want smbd/notify_fam.c
and possibly a future smbd/notify_inode.c to be able to do
register a callback in a sane way. If you look at nsswitch/
you will find that something very similar is already there.

If we really do the while (1) { event_loop_once() } in the
first step, I'm not sure.

Volker