Convert unlink_internals to use delete_on_close?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jan 4 21:29:56 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 10:26:46PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 12:59:01PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > FYI: We're going to need to be able to flag opens from
> > unix clients separately though so we will be able to do
> > unlink on open files and not have the share modes conflict
> > if all opens are unix style - similar to what I did with
> > the posix lock code. Just wanted to run that past you.
>
> Linux cifsfs uses smb_unlink? Then this means the code I
> just added (don't delete on close if still held open) should
> not apply if all opens are posix style? Just trying to make
> sure I understood you correctly.

Currently it uses SMBunlink and then tries open with delete
on close if this fails.

Eventually I want us to process SMBunlink differently for
POSIX clients (meaning we do ntcreate/setdelete on close/close
where the setdelete on close step is always allowed if all
opens are from POSIX clients).

Does that make things clearer ?

Jeremy.