3.0.25 svn rev. 21532

Tue Feb 27 21:56:28 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:45:57PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> If disk usage is really a problem, there are several things that could
> help save on disk usage. Some that come to mind are:
>
>  * allow building without the print functions. That should save about a
> third on the new code. I agree though that disk space shouldn't be too
> much of a problem.
>  * Using shared libs internally (since the RPC parsing code is in both
> rpcclient and smbd at the moment)

Yep. Together with lib/ linked into all the other binaries
we could significantly save disk space. Not sure about the
implications though.

The increased disk usage I referred to was that I would
expect us to have parsers for more calls and info levels
around, as they are now much easier to add.

> I haven't done any measurements on the amount of RAM used by librpc, but
> I can't think of any reason why it would be significantly more than
> currently.

Without actually profiling both it's a bit hard to say, but
I would not expect it to differ much.

Volker