Managing DNs in libads only in utf8

Tue Feb 27 15:29:57 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:21:10AM -0500, simo wrote:
> No elefant gun, I did the job of checking every single use of a DN
> coming out from libads in less then 6 hours while also changing the
> code. Changing the DN to a struct will make checking for it much easier
> as the compiler will help find out every single inconsistency that I may
> miss by just manually checking.

Did you try to compile that patch? I get

Compiling printing/nt_printing.c
printing/nt_printing.c: In function ‘nt_printer_publish_ads’:
printing/nt_printing.c:3070: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char *’, but argument 3 has type ‘char **’
Compiling libads/ldap.c
libads/ldap.c: In function ‘ads_get_dn’:
libads/ldap.c:988: error: ‘__ERROR_DONT_USE_STRDUP_DIRECTLY’ undeclared (first use in this function)
libads/ldap.c:988: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
libads/ldap.c:988: error: for each function it appears in.)

Volker