Managing DNs in libads only in utf8
Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Tue Feb 27 13:50:45 GMT 2007
On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 08:29:33AM -0500, simo wrote:
> > So before you go down this route I'd like
> > a good example of what will unexpectedly
> > fail vs. the complexity of internally "remembering"
> > some strings are now natively utf8 internally
> > rather than "unix charset". Remember you need
> > to track this and convert across all boundaries.
> I know, if you care the read the mail, you will se I did that, and
> checked each and every usage, and made sure nothing leaks this way.
I would feel a lot better if this change would be done with
compile-time checking by going the 'struct utf8_string' way.
We did not have for example effective WERROR vs NTSTATUS
checks, both had ".v" as structure member, and it inevitably
happened over time that errors crept in. If we clearly mark
a string as utf8, indicating this to the compiler, then this
kind of error can not happen. Without this I would be *very*
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/attachments/20070227/e396382c/attachment.bin
More information about the samba-technical