Printing: Submit full username (including domain prefix)

Karolin Seeger ks at sernet.de
Thu Feb 22 13:38:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 07:10:21AM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > Isn't there an expansion that expands to the
> > current unix username?
>
> You mean like 'printjob username = %u' instead of %U.
> Haven't tried it but that should work.

no, %u does not work in my tests that is why I changed the default from %u
to %U. Maybe the substitue function is not the right one...

> > The trouble is partly what name should be
> > displayed when we parse lpq, but perhaps
> > that's changed since this was originally done.

I did not get the main problem here. Could you explain the problem a bit
more detailed, please?

> I'm still thinking this over.  I know the patch is
> in the tree but i think I' won't be able to fully
> convince myself until the next bug day when I can
> sit down with a complete printing setup.

Ok, if you need any logs, please fell free...

Cheers,
Karolin

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE