Slight change to current release version of vfs_recycle.c

Jon Gough jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au
Thu Feb 22 01:14:04 GMT 2007

Hi,
    I have been trying to get the recycle process working properly
for the "exclude_dir". However, in the code there is a "FIXME" at
line 463. I have had a little play and made a change which allows
directory trees to be excluded. This works OK.

    I have to put a dummy entry at the end of the list otherwise the
last entry is not checked. But at least you can exclude directory
trees now. The format of the line is:-

recycle:exclude_dir = temp/ tmp/ dummy

The first two are used. The directory name has to have the '/' on the
end just to make sure that we do not exclude wrong directories, ie
setting temp/ will not exclude temporary/.

I have attached a diff -u file for you as I am not a developer for
samba. This change was made to code from the 'SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE' branch.

Regards
    Jon