svn commit: samba r21461 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/smbd: .

Tue Feb 20 20:46:22 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 08:59:52AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Jeremy, revert or merge please :-)
>
> I'll merge it, but yes I looked in lib/data_blob first :-).
> I agree it's a design flaw. We'd have to go look for all
> cases where data_blob() isn't checked. There are probably
> lots - and tridge argues (and I think he's right) that
> terminating in this case is the right thing to do.

What about a naming convention then that clearly indicates a
panic on failure? For example SMB_MALLOC inside calls
smb_xmalloc which also panics.

What about going through the allocation functions and adding
an "x" to the name if we panic on failure?

Volker