group_mapping.ldb and 3.0.25

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Feb 20 09:08:49 GMT 2007

Jerry,

 > Thanks for the understanding.  While it is true that the ldb
 > patch has been in the tree for several months, it is also true
 > that no one who will be supporting it has gotten interested in
 > it.

I'm not quite sure why you say that. I have fixed every bug in Samba3
that I have been asked to look at, and Simo has been equally active in
working on ldb. Simo is now the RedHat Samba3 maintainer, and I'm the
endpoint for helping IBM customers with Samba3. That would seem to be
pretty good credentials.

Is there some outstanding bug that I am not aware of? Have I ever
taken more than a few hours or days to address an issue in my code
used in Samba3?

You seem to have written off half the team as not counting as
potential maintainers of code. I don't understand why.

Who is in your allowable list of maintainers, and who isn't?

I don't ask this just to pick an argument. I really don't understand
how these release decisions are being made.

I get the feeling there are discussions happening that I'm not privy
to, and perhaps if I knew of them I'd understand better. For example
you said "no one working on Samba 3.0.x seems to feel really confident
in our ability to deal with ldb on top of everything else". That seems
to imply some discussion amoung a group of developers and a decision
that I haven't seen. Is that correct?

Cheers, Tridge