group_mapping.ldb and 3.0.25

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Feb 20 04:20:22 GMT 2007

Jerry,

 > Being a lab rat is all and good, but I'm just a little overworked
 > to take this on right now.

What I'm unclear on is how this is going to get any better in a future
release. You are clearly overworked, which I sympathise with, but the
code has been in the tree for about 5 months now. If we start using
ldb in other places in the SAMBA_3_0 tree then the barrier to entry
just gets higher (in terms of work for lab rats), but if we hold off
putting it in more places then your current objection remains just as
valid for future releases.

So how does a change like this eventually get accepted?

Cheers, Tridge