tdb_parse_record()?

simo idra at samba.org
Sun Feb 18 02:11:55 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 01:15 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 11:34:42PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > Attached find a patch that adds tdb_parse_record():
>
> ... and attached a sample use in ldb_tdb.c.
>
> Volker

My speed test using LOCAL-DBSPEED show a very tiny improvement in the
ldb performances this way.
LOCAL-DBSPEED is not optimized to test this patch I think, so I expect
bigger gains on higher workloads.
Would you like to build a test to be used in LOCAL-DBSPEED to see how
much your patch impact if we store/retrieve bigger objects ?

Why do you need to copy memory if a transaction is open ?
Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer