svn commit: samba r21278 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/smbd: .

Sat Feb 17 20:31:43 GMT 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 12:11:58PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Hmmmm. Difficult. I just tried giving 127k as an argument to
> > the Samba4 test. Samba3 does not like that request and
> > neither does W2k3. Worse, issuing that request against
> > leaves the file in an undeletable state. Rebooting now.
>
> Samba3 certainly shouldn't have a problem with 127k writes.
> I've tested this. Current svn ?

The problem with the Samba3 libs is that truly async torture
is a bit difficult. We're pretty much request/response in
Samba3, and to fully run the aio code to its limits I want
to have many write requests outstanding in parallel.

Looking at Samba4 code a bit more closely.

Volker