CTDB in Samba4

Abhijith Das adas at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 23:36:10 GMT 2007

tridge at samba.org wrote:

>The one area where filesystem specific code is likely to be needed is
>some way of asking the filesystem what cluster nodes are
>present. Ideally we would also have a notifcation mechanism when new
>nodes are added. So far we have no hooks for this (we're just using a
>flat text file for the list of nodes), but that will change.

Hi Tridge,
The GFS is not aware of the cluster membership.
Red Hat's cluster suite uses cman (based on openais:
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/openais/) to handle cluster memberships.
(http://people.redhat.com/pcaulfie/docs/aiscman.pdf)
Among other things, it exposes an API for cluster membership to external
applications.
API exposed by libcman:
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/cman/lib/libcman.h?rev=1.29&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=HEAD
Simple example of using libcman: