ib integrated into ctdb

Peter Somogyi psomogyi at gamax.hu
Thu Feb 15 16:31:51 GMT 2007

Hi Tridge,

I have the 1st working triable ib integrated ctdb on
http://samba.org/~tridge/psomogyi/, please merge it.
I've tested it with ctdb_test.

ctdb_bench doesn't work, one issue I've detected in your code and not going to
workaround on ib side:

ctdb_bench.c: function bench_ring, int dest:

		int dest = (ctdb_get_vnn(ctdb) + incr) % ctdb_get_num_nodes(ctdb);
		incr = 1;
		ctdb_send_message(ctdb, dest, 0, data);
		incr = -1;
		ctdb_send_message(ctdb, dest, 0, data);

Unfortunately, dest can be 0 (most times on my system) which causes ib to
return with an error on ctdb_send_message (because self node connection
hasn't been initialised yet). Probably your tcp module doesn't report this as
an error.
(Another - probably less important - issue is that 'incr' is uninitialized so
that 'dest' can be a different value in my test system.)

I'm not going to suppress this error, so please fix this one (after then I can
proceed with this test).

+1 warning: I noticed in recv_pkt you expect a talloc-ed buf which I mustn't
free (because you're talloc_steal'ing it, see ctdb_reply_call). I'm not sure
you're freeing incoming buffers, plz verify my suspicion.

Peter