Any chance to make Samba pass full path into external dfree instead of ./?

Alexander forsmb at mail.ru
Wed Feb 14 08:16:09 GMT 2007

  Readdressing this to samba-technical - I think it is more appropriate (please correct me if it's not).

  Further googling brought up some similar problems dated somewhere in 2001 and 2003 (Samba returns free space only for top-level dir of the share) and, what's more interesting - some Samba developers said that "this is a good point" - but probably it got buried over time.
  Maybe this is a time to bring it up again due to fact that Vista is coming and it explicitly asks for free space before any writing to share -> so more people will have problems with current dfree implementation. At least it will be a problem for those who use Samba for reexporting NFS links and those who have e.g. several drives mounted under the top-level dir of the share.

  BTW - smbstatus has the information I need - it has full file paths in the output and it would be enough for me (after cutting the trailing filenames) if that "several files per smbd" fact not existed.

Regards,
Alexander