Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP

paul paul at subsignal.org
Mon Feb 12 13:43:19 GMT 2007

Mag. Leonhard Landrock schrieb:
> *) Start a virtual machine with WinXP SP2 and trying to join the domain
> LEOSENDE.FUN.
>
> The last point (joining the domain) doesn't work. I try the username
> Administrator and the passwort as set with "./setup/provision" but it doesn't
> work. I simply get unknown username or wrong password.

Hi, my preliminary checklist:

- make sure XP has the samba4 server setup as dns server
- check dns for the varius _ldap._tcp entries from XP
- start samba with smbd -i -d3 or higher and check the debug messages
- for w2k I had to add arcfour-hmac-md5 enctype to
$PREFIX/private/secrets.keytab, to change this edit your krb5.conf and
reprovision or put "credentials_update_all_keytabs();" in a file and run
it with smbscript (thanks to abartlet for this), you can check the
content of the keytab with "ktutil -k private/secrets.keytab list".
- vista wants aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 but still doesn't work ;(
- post debug output to #samba-technical or here, so ppl could make more
educated guesses than this one.

hope this helps
 Paul

BTW: Is there documentation for the various ejs funcions for samba?