svn commit: samba r21278 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/smbd: .

Sun Feb 11 14:26:26 GMT 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 02:07:50PM +0000, vlendec at samba.org wrote:
> I tested writing 100.000 times 65535 bytes with the allowed 10 ops in
> parallel. Without this patch it took about 32 seconds on my dual-core 1.6GHz
> laptop. With this patch it dropped to about 26 seconds. I can only explain it
> by better cache locality, NewInBuffer allocates more than 128k, so we jump
> around in memory more.

Ok, 26/32 is too large, CPU frequence adaption fooled me. No
idea why with the patch it decided 1.6GHz is better than 1.0
GHz whereas with the old version it did not.

But with fixing it at 1.6GHz it's still 26/29 seconds in
favor of the new code.

Volker