[Proposal 2 of 2]: Timed based release for Samba 3.0.25

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Feb 7 00:19:54 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 10:50 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Comments?  How does the coding population here feel about
> a time based release schedule?  I know in the past we have
> avoided any time commitments, but in this case it is more
> for our internal clocks than any external planning.  I don't
> mind one or two day slips if something urgent comes up.  But
> this release cycle has dragged on long enough.
I think it'd be nice to see this happen. The most important thing would
be to have a specific RC1 date so there's a predefined moment after
which features won't make it in. The amount of time required to fix
possible bugs is less important, and should still be "when it's done"
imho.

Just my E 0,05.

Cheers,

Jelmer