Problem about SAMBA slower day by day
icoupeau at unav.es
Tue Feb 6 09:42:04 GMT 2007
> Dear Support,
> I am planing to use SAMBA and OpenLDAP to replace old NT4 PDC and BDC.
> After set up the Samba PDC, I use command " free -m" to check the memory
> of the PDC. I found that it has used 250 MB, free 6MB only, so what is
> your professional recommend the hardware?
> Now my hardware configure is:
> CPU: 2.8 G
> Ram : 256 MB
> Hard disk: 8.6 GB (about used 3 GB, free 5GB)
> And the PDC is coming slower and slower day by day
> Please find the attachment file for the PDC and DDC configuration file.
I don't know if technical list is the most appropriate one... perhaps
https://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/samba may be useful.
Read in the "samba-howto" or "samba by example", etc. about the memory
requirements (you may runs also very short of disk space).
Also consider that:
- you not provide data about number of users
- the LDAP runs in the same machine, and the slapd.conf don't show any
reference about cache size directives... the ldap is very sensible about
caches, memory and so...
- the PDB/BDC sync section says the use of rsync for synchronization for
netlogon... for the *.bat I suppose (the profiles are roaming?)
- perhaps you should replace the /etc/passwd with pam_dap (ldap
- please, follow the samba-howto collection steps.
- your configuration files have a lot of comments, pretty unreadable,
please, use/post clear ones.
Dr. Ignacio Coupeau
Systems and Network Services Director
University of Navarra http://www.unav.edu/
Pamplona, SPAIN http://www.unav.es/SI/
More information about the samba-technical