svn commit: samba r21125 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/torture/raw: .

Fri Feb 2 23:07:10 GMT 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 09:43:44AM +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> I think we should at least give a warning for the wrong order. I know
> it's hard to get the order right with inotify, but I don't think its
> impossible. For example, we could buffer an event waiting for the
> other half to turn up.

Sure it would be possible. But as the test already accepted
both orders of add/remove, how much does actually break if
we put the modify into the mix?

It might be the same as with delete on close. Once we
started to do it at all, many applications started to show
bugs as we only got 95% right, not 100%. Not sure.

Volker