svn commit: samba r21111 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: modules param smbd

Fri Feb 2 17:50:28 GMT 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 06:49:42PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:23:27AM -0800, James Peach wrote:
> > I would have thought that both inotify and FAM should be modules?

As you bugged me on irc, next reply:

What we don't have yet for the VFS is a clean way to provide
a default behaviour in a module. I've done that for ACLs as
we really have platform-dependent default implementations.
As there is only one default implementation around so far, I
would like to stick with it. If someone steps up and gets us
another one on FreeBSD, I'm happy to provide assistance how
to plug it in.

And, I'm happy to review your checkin :-)

Volker