Enhancement to allow winbindd to parse fully qualified kerberos names???

Don McCall donmccall1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 19:00:27 GMT 2007

Hi Guenther,
Yes, I see your point - my little test
environment here is just WAY too vanilla, so all
of my upn's matched up with the samaccountname.
created a mismatch:
ddmctest at wtec.adapps.hp.com =
wtec.adapps.hp.com\ddmctset  and of course my
simple enhancement broke.

Still, it would be *really* nice to have this
functionality, even if we did have to code the
two lsa calls to handle it - we could make the
use of those lsa calls dependent on whether we
enabled 'winbind parse kerberos name = yes',
right?  Maybe even (for those of us with some
modicum of control over our user naming
conventions) add a smb.conf parameter to never
use the lsa lookups if we know that we will not
have these mismatches in the particular
ad/realm's we are working with, like
winbbind parse kerberos name = strict, or
extended...

Don