Samba3 build farm can't execute smbtorture4 anymore

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Dec 24 09:24:10 GMT 2007

Volker Lendecke schrieb:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 06:13:30PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>> The reason ldb (and its modules) are being built as shared
>> libraries at the moment is that otherwise there are
>> circular dependencies. For example, the credentials code
>> depends on LDB and LDB depends on the credentials code
>> through LDB_ILDAP. The build system doesn't deal with this
>> well at all.
>
> What was the last revision that would compile smbtorture as
> a static binary?
>
> I would like to start from there and merge in all changes to
> the torture tests since then and incorporate that into
> samba3/source/samba4torture/. We only have to make sure that
> we don't ship this with releases.

If we would really do this we should import samba4 via
'git submodule' as a fork of the v4-0-stable branch
we'll hopefully have soon.

> Then you are free to make any changes that are needed for
> Samba4 development, and the Samba3 team is responsible for
> the torture tests that we care about.

I think we should try to also have all release (vX-Y-stable)
branches in the build-farm and we should use the smbtorture
from the v4-0-stable branch for testing the samba3 branches.

And the alpha2 release (which match the v4-0-stable branch)
still links smbtorture completely static.
Before we merge from v4-0-test into v4-0-stable the next time,
we should make sure it's possible to link smbtorture static.

And we should have a --disable-shared configure option.

metze