Samba3 build farm can't execute smbtorture4 anymore

simo idra at samba.org
Sun Dec 23 21:35:39 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 22:05 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 06:13:30PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > The reason ldb (and its modules) are being built as shared
> > libraries at the moment is that otherwise there are
> > circular dependencies. For example, the credentials code
> > depends on LDB and LDB depends on the credentials code
> > through LDB_ILDAP. The build system doesn't deal with this
> > well at all.
>
> What was the last revision that would compile smbtorture as
> a static binary?
>
> I would like to start from there and merge in all changes to
> the torture tests since then and incorporate that into
> samba3/source/samba4torture/. We only have to make sure that
> we don't ship this with releases.
>
> Then you are free to make any changes that are needed for
> Samba4 development, and the Samba3 team is responsible for
> the torture tests that we care about.

I would rather not, this would make a fork, and soon the 2 torture test
would implement different things.

I really thing samba3 should start learning to use external tools more,
and not always suffer of the NIH syndrome.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Inc. <ssorce at redhat.com>