Evaluating Windows Security Descriptors.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Dec 19 19:36:58 GMT 2007

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 01:22:13PM -0600, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
>
>> So...  the thing is that Linux doesn't need to know about the Windows
>> semantics.  That's why they'd like to put enforcement into Samba (in a VFS
>> module).  That will maintain Windows semantics via CIFS over the wire, but
>> not impact native Linux access.
>
> Can't be done that way without race conditions. As Volker
> said, it must be in the kernel.

Can you identify the race condition for me?  I don't know where such a
problem would manifest itself.

Thanks.

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org