svn commit: samba r26529 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib/ldb/common: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Dec 19 04:15:42 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 04:02 +0000, simo wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 00:39 +0000, abartlet at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: abartlet
> > Date: 2007-12-19 00:39:27 +0000 (Wed, 19 Dec 2007)
> > New Revision: 26529
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=26529
> >
> > Log:
> > Indeed, this belongs in the schema module.  Ranged results need to use
> > an attribute with ';' in the name.
>
> The ';' most probably is not part of the attribute name.

That is how it is handled, as far as I can tell.  sickbags on standby...

> You should rather correctly handle the case imo, instead of just
> removing the check altogether.

How do you suggest handling the case 'correctly'?

> I haven't seen corresponding code in the schema module to check
> attribute names nor calls to it, but maybe, I have overlooked it ?

The objectClass module validates all objectClasses and attributes on add
and modify.  (it also sets them to the 'right' case).  Some day I'll
rename it to the schema module ;-)

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.